10th AD Message Board

User Profile

Bob Scherer

Messages Posted (10th AD Message Board): 5
Most Recent Post: Saturday, 17 November 2007, at 4:49 p.m.

I'm researching my father's service in WWII. He was not in the 10th AD, rather he was in the 88th ID for training, served in North Africa from May 43 - @ Jul 44, spent a few weeks in Italy and then was in the 45th ID from Sep/Oct 44 until 17 Feb 45. He was then transfered to the 7th Army Infantry Reinforcement Center to train black volunteers for the Infantry. He joined the 66th AIB, 12th AD on eithe 8 or 10 Mar '45. He was wounded on 1 Apr 45 and sent to several hospitals before being returned home. I'd be grateful to hear from anyone who could assist me in my quest. All pieces of relative information are valuable!

I was also on the 10th AD site a year or so ago and responded to a man who wrote looking for information on the 10th AD entering Landstuhl, GE in Apr 45. He was related to the baker, Lickteig, from Landstuhl. My father's father was born in Landstuhl and I have discovered relatives there and visited every year for the last 5 years. I believe I am related to the Lickteig's by marriage, so it that EMT from NYC is out there, send me an email, cousin.

I will be returning to Landstuhl in September and would enjoy hearing from anyone who has knowledge of the 10th AD's activities in that town.

10th AD Message Board is maintained by Admin with WebBBS 5.00.

Guestbook | Feedback to Tiger Division | 10th AD Home