10th AD Message Board

User Profile

Jacqueline Sue Curren (Shane)

Messages Posted (10th AD Message Board): 1
Most Recent Post: Saturday, 18 October 2008, at 11:19 p.m.

Hi, my name is Jacque, my Dad was Jack Martin Shane, he passed in 1970, I was 18 years old.

I am trying to recreate his military history. His records were lost in the 1973 fire at the NPRC in St Louis, MO. I would love to find out some information about him, I have yet to recover a WDAGO so I am flying kind of blind.

The NPRC has provided me with enough information to have an Honorary Memorial Marker placed at the Riverside National Cemetery.

My Dad & Mom were cremated and scattered at sea when she passed in 1983. I never thought they would be gone when I was so young and I now realize I don't know alot about them except that they were wonderful parents, very patriotic and I don't think I asked alot of questions as an eighteen year old.

I am extremely excited to honor them in a ceremony, hopefully, sometime in December.

Anyway, I am in hopes that someone will be able to give me a push in the right direction. I know very little but I will provide what I have...........

Jack Martin Shane
Born: New Albany, Indiana, March 13, 1922
Service #35568668 SSN: 314-12-6531 VA Claim #11-822-046
Enlisted/inducted: 11/13/1942, Noblesville, IN
Discharged/Separated: 12/14/45, Fort Douglas, UT

Stories I remember:

101st Airborne, Fort Benning, GA, trained as paratrooper, he also became a trainer to the new troops coming in.

He was in the Battle of the Bulge

Left for Europe, RMS Aquitania from Boston, MA, 12/24/43, arrived Gourock, Scotland, around 1/3/44. Questions????? Was he used in the battle at Normandy with the 101st Airborne? He has a shoulder patch for the Airborne and a 10th Armored Division patch that he wore on his left shoulder. How can he be both? 101st & 10th?

Thanks for listening, I will have lots more details if someone can talk to me about it. Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10th AD Message Board is maintained by Admin with WebBBS 5.00.

Guestbook | Feedback to Tiger Division | 10th AD Home