10th AD Message Board

User Profile

Michael Hirsh

Messages Posted (10th AD Message Board): 1
Most Recent Post: Saturday, 12 July 2008, at 4:04 a.m.

Iím an author in the early stages of working on a book tentatively titled THE LAST LIBERATORS: Americaís Final Witnesses to the Holocaust.

Iím trying to find members of the division who were involved in the liberation of camps and would be willing to talk about it with me. What I want to hear are personal recollections: what they saw, did, thought and even smelled, and how those experiences impacted their later lives. Iím not doing a military history; my intention is to get personal stories of the liberators directly from them, not from existing archives.

This will be my sixth book. Iíve been published by HarperCollins, New American Library/Penguin, and Dutton. I was embedded with Air Force units in Afghanistan, Uzbekistan and Pakistan to write NONE BRAVER: US Air Force Pararescuemen in the War on Terror. I also wrote, with Michael Schiavo, the New York Times best seller TERRI: THE TRUTH.

I served as a combat correspondent with the 25th Infantry Division at Cu Chi, Vietnam in 1966, covering actions of the 1st and 2nd Bn., 27th Infantry Wolfhounds.

If anyone can put me in touch with men who were at any of the camps, Iíd appreciate it. Thanks for your consideration. I hope to hear from you soon.

Michael Hirsh
mh@hirshmedia.us
26181 Stillwater Circle
Punta Gorda, FL 33955
(941) 639-3506

10th AD Message Board is maintained by Admin with WebBBS 5.00.

Guestbook | Feedback to Tiger Division | 10th AD Home